Sunday 4 March 2007

The home garden

Yesterday, I manged to get a few jobs done around the garden at home, while the OH was out shopping with our youngest daughter and her kids. Firstly I gave the Ceanothus its annual trim (removing the lower branches that hang downwards), and created a couple of hanging points at the same time, for the bird feeders.
I weeded in between the Aqualegias, which are now growing again.
I raised the level of the underneath of my Canary Bird rose, to give the Aqualegias a little more light.
Trimmed the dead wood from the herbs in the planter wheel, and the Hydrangea, and several other shrubs which are still in pots.
Weeded around the acers, and the wisteria, which are all also in large pots, and the planters with Queen of the night tulips in.
Started to tidy up the rockery (photo later if it ever stops raining), and then was forced indoors when the heavens opened again.

No comments: