Monday 5 March 2007

Todays update

Well the onion sets and garlic are ready to go in, but the ground is SO wet after the weekend rain, that I don't think I can get them planted just yet.
Most of the tomatoes are now germinated, or at least some of each type sown, and I now have 7/10 Chinese snake cues up.
Most of the mussel burgh leeks are through too, but only a few of the Lyon.
Won't need to transplant the tarvoy and perpetual spinach into pots, as they were sown individually into root trainers.(Trying them for the first time this year)
Still no show for anything else in the greenhouse. I can only presume that it's still too cold out there despite having a gaz lantern burning all night.
Have today planted up 2 self-watering troughs (ex Lidl) with lilies, cannas, and fresia bulbs. I'm told that the latter are hard to grow, so we shall see. They have been kept in the greenhouse until it's safe to put them outside too.

No comments: